IInterviewing a prospective real estate agent is a safe way to choose the agent who will represent you in your home-buying transaction. It is important to learn about the agent’s personality, experience, specialties, values, and manners. For example, if you’re based in Portland then you should Check Out These Real Estate Agents as they could be the perfect choice for you. At the end of the day, if you don’t have the same values as your real estate agent then how will you know that they’re finding you the best homes and not just the ones that will get them the most commission? This is why it’s always best to find an agent who is local to your area such as these real estate agents Lynchburg based or similar. For most realtors, interviews can be conducted in whatever method you are most comfortable with: via email, telephone, or face to face at the office.
Questions you should ask:
- Is the agent a REALTOR®? (if it’s a Bella Casa real estate agent, then YES!)
- Does the agent have an active real estate license in good standing? To find this information, you can check with the Oregon Association of REALTORS®.
- Does the agent belong to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and/or a reliable online home buyer’s search service? Multiple Listing Services are cooperative information networks of REALTORS® that provide descriptions of most of the houses for sale in a particular region.
- Is real estate their full-time career?
- Communicate what kind of service you want. How much communication to you want? Do you prefer email, phone calls, or personal meetings? What time of day or evening, or what days of the week are best to communicate or to view prospective properties? How precise do you want them to be about the property description you give?
Test-drive an agent:
Ask to be taken out to see four or five properties in a day and see the broker in action. Are you comfortable? Does he present himself professionally? Is she helpful, insightful, and appropriate? Does she listen to what you say and understand what you want? Do your personalities blend well? Was it a profitable time?
When you are comfortable, communicate your intention to work solely with your broker until closing. At that point you will be placed on the Priority Service List. When our Realtors® are able to confidently place you on the Priority Service List, then they are willing to turn down other work and reserve that premium level of service for you. Your loyalty allows us guarantees our service.
Afraid of getting into something you can’t get out of?
Still not a committing person? Of course, we hope that if we serve you well that you will reward our efforts with payment for services. That can only happen if we write the offer for you, represent you in a sale, and close it to your satisfaction.
As can happen in any relationship, if something is not right, please let us know so we might have the opportunity to correct our shortcoming. If dissatisfied, we will be glad to offer a referral to someone else. You can also review our other brokers online and in person for a better fit. Our goal is premium service and client satisfaction. In fact, it is more that than; we want our clients to become friends and a source for referrals to other opportunities. We sum it up this way: Buy. Sell. Be Happy.