WWilsonville, Oregon seemed to pop up on the map within weeks! It is a young town with great parks, schools, neighborhoods, and entertainment. Located near the Willamette River, you can find yourself down at one of the many parks enjoying a quiet picnic under the shade of a tree or evening on a boat dock. There are numerous docks open for public use that are regularly maintained. A couple even have underwater led dock lights, making it easier to dock at night and a pretty place to relax in the evening. The local teens have been known to hang at the dock for hours enjoying the river and company of good friends. The parks are incredible with sand and water features which are great for the little ones. There are extensive walking trails as well.
When we look at real estate in Wilsonville, the houses are relatively young – over 30% of homes were built between 1999 and October of 2005. The median cost of a home is $299,000. There are several nice apartment complexes in Wilsonville with 44% of the population renting. Wilsonville has two planned housing communities: Charbonneau Golf Club (which has a public 27 hole golf course) and Villibois, which has been developing on the old site of the Dammasch State Hospital, and was named 2010 National Community of the Year by the National Association of Home Builders.
If you are looking to buy in Wilsonville, we would be happy to help you with your search. We know the area, the schools, the fun spots and the short cuts. Let’s talk!
|Wilsonville Population||18,020||Distance to Portland||18 mi|
|Year Incorporated||1969||Elementary Schools
Schools, Parks, & Attractions
Wilsonville offers everything busy folks are looking for with plentiful choices for family and kid-friendly, energy-burning activities:
- Schools: The Wilsonville school district spends about $4,308 per student per yea, which is lower than the national average of $5,678. There are 19.9 students per teacher against the national average of 14.9 per teacher. The school district is popular with parents and as with so many industries, we have all learned to do or achieve more with less. Wilsonville shows almost 93% of students graduating from High School verses the national average of 80.61%.
- Golf: Charbonneau is Wilsonville’s 27-hole public golf course. Can’t get booked for a round at Charboneau? Then consider the nearby Langdon Farms, which is a wonderful course with a great center grill. They also host weddings and special events.
- Parks: Memorial Park is a local favorite, and is also the city’s oldest and largest park. The park features an extensive trail system, athletic fields and courts, the city’s only skate facility and off-leash dog area, a community garden, reservable group picnic areas, and 1/2 mile of frontage of the Willamette River.
- Boones Ferry Marina – Local access to water fun on the Willamette River. The marina offers mooring spaces, a public boat ramp, fuel dock and pump-out station.
- Fun with the kids: Bull Winkles Family Fun Center is an amazing 6-acre amusement park with arcade games, mini cars, miniature golf, batting cages, water fun and more. The entire family will enjoy bowling at Wilsonville Lanes Bowling Center or the latest blockbuster at Regal Cinemas Wilsonville Stadium 9.
- Restaurants: As far as restaurants and bars go, there are plenty. There is the crowd-pleasing Red Robin and who could forget Wankers Corner Saloon and Cafe, which offers a unique atmosphere and serves pub food and spirits. Country Grains is a great lunch spot offering fresh sandwiches on homemade bread, soups, and salads. The bread is delicious and has a great local, non-pretentious atmosphere. Another lunch spot is Canyon Creek Deli; they have a turkey and loganberry sandwich and tomato soup to die for! They also have great desserts.
- Shopping: The Lambs Thriftway is a great grocery shop with a wonderful selection of gift items and a floral department. You also have Target and Costco for all your shopping needs. The largest electronic store in Oregon is in Wilsonville – Fry’s Electronics always has what you need in the way of computer’s and such. Larsen’s nursery is a family-owned nursery off Stafford Road; it is a great nursery and they are always around to help.
Annual Community Events in Wilsonville, Oregon
Some of Wilsonville’s annual community events include:
- Daddy Daughter Fairy Tale Ball each February
- Youth Easter Egg Hunt in March
- Movies in the Park July-August, SMART Trolley Tours in July
- Holiday Fun Fest, Holiday Light Drives, and SMART Holiday Carolers
- Local Newspaper: Wilsonville Spokesman
- City of Wilsonville
- Wilsonvile School District
- Chamber of Commerce
- Wilsonville Public Library
- Xerox Corporation
- Mentor Graphics
- Flir Systems Inc
- Rockwell Collins
- Fry’s Electronics
Wilsonville Oregon Listings | Current Homes for Sale
[idx-listings city=”Wilsonville” statuses=”1″ propertytypes=”148,150,151,149,146,147,145,174,175″ orderby=”DateAdded” orderdir=”DESC” count=”300″ showlargerphotos=”true”]