TThe city of Tualatin is always buzzing. Conveniently located on the I-5 Hwy and just one exit from the I-205 Hwy, this Oregon community continues to grow and is located in both Washington County and Clackamas County. Quite a bit of traffic flows through town as it is right off of I-5; folks are headed toward Sherwood and some toward Yamhill County. You could miss Tualatin if you drive through and never stop, but it has a lot to offer for all ages. Tualatin is another city with great parks, great activities, and it is full of annual events like the Crawfish Festival every summer. You’ll find good dining and great shopping with Bridgeport Village just around the corner. There is even a train that travels from Wilsonville, through Tualatin, and up to Beaverton to catch the MAX into Portland.
The average price of a home is $297,500 and this past year home values have dropped over 12%, which makes it an excellent location for buyers looking to purchase. There are a variety of housing styles in and around Tualatin. We are very familiar with the neighborhoods and would love to help you find your next home in this close-in community.
|Tualatin Population||23,650||Distance to Portland||13 mi|
|Year Incorporated||1869||Elementary Schools
Parks, Attractions & The Best of Tualatin
There are plentiful choices in Tualatin for family and kid-friendly, energy-burning activities:
- Hayden’s Lakefront Grill, www.haydensgrill.com, is a great place for breakfast, lunch or dinner. There is a small meeting room and a small lounge area with live music most weekend. They also have a great happy hour menu!
- Bushwackers Saloon, www.bushwhackerssaloon.com, is a great cowboy hangout with different events all week long, and fun and entertainment each time you visit. Fun line-dancing lessons.
- With a Starbucks on every corner in Tualatin along with Dutch Brothers and some local independents, you are never far from a hot cup of joe.
- Outback Steakhouse is a great place for a tasty steak. The atmosphere is relaxed and the staff is friendly.
- Tualatin is full of parks including some for skaters. Ibach Park is a local favorite; in the summer you can go to a great concert series behind Hayden’s Lakefront Grill.
Annual Community Events in Tualatin, Oregon
Some of Tualatin’s community events include:
- West Coast Giant Pumpkin Regatta
- Starry Nights and Holiday Lights
- Arbor Week
- Tualatin Try-athlon
- Concerts on the Commons
- Movies on the Commons
- Local Newspaper: The Times (Tualatin, Tigard, Sherwood)
- City of Tualatin
- Tualatin School District
- Tualatin Chamber of Commerce
- Tualatin, Oregon – rankings for “Best Places to Live”
Legacy Meridian Park Hospital – 823 employees
United Parcel Service – 547 employees
GE Security – 500 employees
Tigard-Tualatin School District – 415 employees
Novellus Systems, Inc. – 400 employees
The city has several large employers including UPS, Legacy Meridian Park Hospital and Novellus Systems. The Tualatin public schools spend an average of $4,488 per student (the average in America is $5,678), and there are about 19 students per teacher in Tualatin. Named after the Tualatin River, the spelling has changed over time from Tualitin to Tualatin, and to this day folks still have a hard time spelling it.
Tualatin Oregon Listings | Current Homes for Sale
[idx-listings city=”Tualatin” statuses=”1″ propertytypes=”148,150,151,149,146,147,145,174,175″ orderby=”DateAdded” orderdir=”DESC” count=”200″ showlargerphotos=”true”]